1. Lending is open to Palisades Park residents, 18 and older, with a valid Palisades Park Public Library card with no fines or overdue materials.
2. Hotspots may be borrowed for 14 days with no renewals. Only one hotspot may be borrowed at a time per household. Hotspots cannot be reserved if you have one actively checked out on your library card. Requests can only be made 14 days after your first request.
3. Mobile Hotspot kits can only be checked out and returned in person at the Palisades Park Public Library circulation desk. Hotspots may not be returned in the book drop; if damage occurs because of this, the borrower is responsible.
4. There is a $5 fee for each day the hotspot is not returned on time. Service will be turned off if the kit is not returned by the due date. Fines will accrue until the device has been returned. If the device is lost, stolen, or broken beyond repair, a $120 fine will be charged to your library account. Damaged items associated with a hotspot will be determined by the library director based on current market replacement costs from the provider.
5. By agreeing to borrow a hotspot, the borrower is agreeing to take full responsibility for the physical equipment on loan, as well as any and all issues or damages resulting from use of the hotspot kit.
6. The Palisades Park Public Library is not responsible for any damages resulting from patron use of the hotspot, including, but not limited to, damage to a computer or other device for which a patron may use the hotspot to access the internet. The Palisades Park Public Library is not responsible for information accessed using this device or for personal information shared over the internet. Hotspot users are encouraged to follow safe internet practices.
7. The Palisades Park Public Library reserves the right to refuse service to patrons who abuse equipment or who are repeatedly late in returning the hotspot.
T-mobile is the service provider for the hotspots. You can check their coverage map https://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/coverage-map to make sure you will have service with the mobile hotspots.